Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Dinner- Mummy Dogs

I'll be the first to admit that I cant cook. If it requires more then 5 steps to make I cant do it... it will end up ugly, inedible, or charcoal. Thank you inventor of the microwave! You are my hero! My kids and I would have starved to death by now without our trusty microwave!

Thankfully though, I'm one smart cookie and I married a man that can cook and cook well. I'm telling ya, I caught a good one and he's never getting away! lol

However "Mummy Dogs" are something even I can make! Ever heard of "Pigs in a blanket"? My mom used to make them a lot when I was growing up and my girls love them too. So when I saw this idea several times this year I knew I had to make them myself!

Its easy peasy! Here is what you need:
1 tube of crescent rolls will make about 10 hot dog mummies.

Hot dogs
Crescent Rolls
Ketchup or Mustard (Mandy prefers Ketchup, Lily prefers the Mustard)
Cheese (optional)

If you are going to add cheese you can start off by slicing the hot dog. DO NOT CUT IN HALF! just a small slice down the middle will do. Stuff it with cheese. It doesn't have to be pretty, you wont see this when we get done!

Unroll your crescent rolls and separate at the separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press remaining perforations to seal them so they don't separate into triangles instead of rectangles. Cut 10 strips from the dough. Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to get more coverage from the dough. At one end of the hot dog leave a small spot uncovered for the face.

Bake 13 to 16 minutes at 375°F. When they are done use the ketchup or mustard to do two dots for eyes in the space you left uncovered. You can do a mouth too if you wish!

Then Eat and enjoy! I'm going to be making these before we head out for our Trick or Treating so I can get the girls to eat while thoughts of costumes and trick or treating fill their heads with excitement!

Go here for a free printable coupon for $1.00 off Pillsbury Crescent dough, along with a picture of the some mummy dogs and other yummy things made with Crescent rolls.

5 comments:

  1. Mummy dogs...interesting. Stopped by via the SITS featured blogger - you were the commenter above me. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cute idea! I'd even make these for the big kids. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

    Book Him, Danno?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these, they look so cute!

    You commented right above me at sits today so I'm stopping by to say "hi"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that mummy dogs So cute!
    Thanks for passing by my blog.
    Loved reading your comment. What you've said is exactely what I believe too.
    Please come back soon!!!!

    Following:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kiddies love pigs in a blanket. I found you through sits so I figured I'd drop in. I'm a follower now.

    ReplyDelete